Risk analysis related to the construction of a bridge over a waterway
The client, a large waterway manager, needed to ensure that its operations and performance objectives won’t be impacted by the construction, operation and maintenance of a new bridge over the navigable channel.
The client’s strategic objectives were to:
- ensure safety of people
- maintain optimal conditions for navigation
- allow its maintenance activities
- protect the environment
- maintain public access and
- agreements with third parties
Oxand was commissioned to develop a risk management framework dedicated to the new bridge project, to perform a preliminary risk assessment and to draft a risk management section to be inserted in the PPP call for tenders.
The value added were:
- Rigorous risk management process, aligned with ISO 31000 standard and compliant with the clients internal risk framework
- Incorporation of feedback from similar experiences
- Structured methodology available for next phases of the project