Oxand provides support to Fluxys for the maintenance of Zeebrugge LNG Terminal
Fluxys has been operating the LNG terminal of Zeebrugge for 30 years now. The terminal serves as a gateway to supply LNG into North-western Europe. More than 1500 LNG carriers have docked at the terminal since its inception in 1987 and its four LNG tanks ensure a storage capacity of 380,000 m3.
In 2015, Fluxys wanted to value and adapt the maintenance strategy to ensure high performance level (safety, availability) of its equipments for LNG installation in a context of a comprehensive efficiency program and lifetime extension.
The main issues for Fluxys:
– Identifying room for improvement in their maintenance management system (from a technical and organisational stand point) to maintain high performance level (safety and availability),
– Identifying key threats due to ageing / obsolescence,
– Building an operational roadmap (benefits – risks) including clear and achievable actions for organisational, financial and technical improvements.
Our solutions were based upon:
– Risk-based approach for asset integrity (including condition assessment of systems/components and strategic issues) map of equipment categories
– Comparison of maintenance practices and frequency from international best practices
Oxand’s solution enabled Fluxys to focus more on risk-based approach and improve organisation:
– Align maintenance programs with criticality index of the equipment
– Support OPEX optimisation program
– Identify areas for improvement on maintenance practices from technical and organisational perspectives, including information management
“The innovative risk-based approach gave us a better view on the effectiveness of our current maintenance strategy. Specific action plans will help us in the further improvement of inspections and maintenance.”
Chris Vandecasteele, LNG Activities Manager FLUXYS (BE)